Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Polish Food is the Best!

The world is full of many cultures and with that come many different cuisines. I have tried many different meals from many different countries and I can honestly say that home is were the heart is. I say that because Polish food has been eaten in my household since I can remember. Now, you are probably thinking that I am only saying its the best because its what I have grown up with. But that is not the case, people who have never tried it before until they came to my house will support me. From the common pierogies to kashanka ( blood sausage), the food is all appeitizing. I have many reasons that support why Polish food is the best.

Reason 1:

Its the best because it is full of flavors that are complex but have a lighter side too. The flavors aren't overpowering but there are still enough to make your mouth water.

Reason 2:

Polish food is vibrant and very traditional. Many meals that are made have been passed down from generation to generation.

Reason 3:

Polish food is very healthy for you. It consists of every food group and after eating a meal you are full until your next meal. This results in you only eating three meals a day. A typical meal will consist of a soup, followed by a plate with potatoes, a cutlet, and a polish salad like mizeria. Yes there is fat in the food because Polish people love there fat but its healthy fat. ( plus, fat burns fat)

Reason 4:

There desserts are very light and not too sweet. The polish cheese cake to use as an example is very different then a cheesecake in America. A polish cheesecake is baked and when it is done its light, and can be eaten at any time.

Reason5:

My favorite reason is that it is made with love. Polish food is very time consuming to make but the end results are miraculous. My grandmother can be always found in the kitchen and when you ask her why her food is so good she will tell you " because I put love into everything I cook."

I can continue on with many more reasons but I feel I have gotten my message across and if you don't believe, try it for yourself. Once you eat polish food, there is no turning back. :)

3 comments:

Ainsley said...

I think that you have a very interesting argument. I, myself, have never actually tried Polish food, so I cannot argue with you based on the actual taste of the food. I think you have presented a lot of good reasons backing up your argument though. I think that the fact that the food is flavorful, yet light, is a very strong point to make because I know that a lot of really flavorful meals can end up feeling really heavy when you are finished.
I think that people who disagree with your argument will disagree with the opinion that Polish food is so good because it is passed down from generation to generation. Being from the South, I know that a lot of the meals that my family cooks are recipes that have long been in our family cookbooks. I prefer traditional southern cooking over any other type of food, and I think that a lot of my reason for loving southern food so much is because I grew up helping my mom and grandmother in the kitchen, so the food has special meaning too. - So , I feel like that is a hard point to argue because everyone will have their own traditions.
The health factor is a good point to make - but in many health magazines and health studies, it has been proven that 6 small meals a day are better than 3 big meals, so I do not think the lingering "full" feeling is such a positive point.
The fact that the desserts are light and tasty is a good point to make because almost nobody can disagree with a good dessert at anytime of the day!!

I enjoyed reading your argument, but you might want to try to make a few more stronger reasons to back it up!

nija said...

I agree that this is a very interesting argument. Food is seen across the world as a way of bringing people together and sharing foods from the culture that you grew up in would be filled with admiration and love. I'm a picky-eater...lol... so i don't try alot of new foods but you make the experience sound apetizing and that is an accomplishment on my end. Besides a few grammatical errors, it is a well presented argument and i am looking forward to how you develop the argument further.

The business...(Gus) said...

Well your argument is well rounded but I would like to disagree, in one of your reasons you denote the vibrancy in the food but go on to say nothing of vibrancy. When saying something is vibrant you are referring to the colors. The only thing that denotes color so far in your brief is the blood sausage. (which sounds yummy mmmmm blood)Also certain dishes are brought up but polish food bring in every realm, from very high end food to the stuff you buy on the street. And its great that your grandmother is always in the kitchen maybe thats why your country is not progressing. I like the details it show you know what youre talking about but im sure that Polish food has more to it thatn that.