Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Conclusion

The fight between food has been going on since one can remember. Though the arguments mainly consist of certain cultures standing up for their own cuisines, food still is a part of many conversations. Whether one is just talking about what they just ate for lunch or recommending a place to eat; food is involved in many talks worldwide. Foods of all sorts are present in everyday life and without food one would not be able to survive. Food is an important aspect in everyday life and is one of my favorite things. From eating to cooking, I love anything that includes food and that is why I choose it as my topic for this assignment. Of course since I am a hundred percent Polish and have had most of my life revolve around polish food, I can honestly say that it’s my favorite. I’ve tried most cuisines out there, from Mexican to Indian to Asian to much more; I still come back to Polish food because home is where the heart is. Even though I must admit Japanese sushi is a close second. But continuing on, the argument is between Polish and Mexican food.

Both foods have certain aspects of them that are unique and credible to only themselves. Both dishes are quite opposite, if one is to get down to the bare details. However, both Polish and Mexican foods are cuisines that have a history behind them. Mexican food comes from the way the people lived. They focused on corn, tomatoes, and other vegetables they harvested themselves. Pork and beef are the main meats used in the preparation of the meals. While Polish food comes from the way the people relied on potatoes since it was the main vegetable that was grown in Poland. Polish people can make anything out of potatoes including soups, pancakes, noodles, and etc. Potatoes are also included in almost every meal. But the way the polish use the potatoes in different ways make it so that one cannot get sick of them. Another aspect of polish food is meat. Polish people love their meat and there is nothing wrong with that. They also know how to use every part of the animal. When making chicken soup, you never throw away the heart, liver, or gizzards because they add flavor to the soup. So just like any other cultural food, both Mexican and polish food rely on the produce around them in order to make the meals that have become their own.

Polish food is vibrant because it uses carrots, beets, cucumbers, pickles, red cabbage, and many other vegetables of that sort to make soups and salads. Mexican is also vibrant because it uses tomatoes, avocadoes, red peppers, green peppers, and much more. But from the items listed, one can tell that items used to make the meals are quite different in both cultures, making each culture unique.

Both cultures make amazing food and though I still prefer polish food its because that’s my preference. My taste buds have tasted both Mexican and Polish food and Polish food wins by a mile. Even though both cultures use many ingredients, many traditional recipes, and lots of love when putting the meals together, they still are different. They are different with what ingredients are used and how the meals are made.

But when it comes down to which is better, that is all about preference. I prefer Polish food but I am positive that a Mexican would prefer Mexican food. It’s all about taste preference. What tastes good to one person may not taste good to another. For instance, I hate tomatoes but my little sister loves them. Each person is an individual with his or her own taste, opinion, and preference. In my mind Polish food is better and I can argue it but it’s an argument that will continue on without end. Its better to state my opinion and how I feel but its also better to be able to allow the person to make up their own mind. I started out by stating and fighting that Polish food is the best. But after reading up on Mexican, I have come to the conclusion that both cultures have amazing food and the decision of which is better lies up to the individual consuming the cuisine.

Bibliography

"Polish Food." Krykiet.com 2004. April 23, 2004. http://www.krykiet.com/polish_food.htm

Kenyon, Chelsie. "Mexican Food". About.com. April 24,2008. http://mexicanfood.about.com/

Gromadzki, Matt. "Polish Food". Ligon. April 23, 2008. http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/perfectschool/food/polish/one.html

2 comments:

MR. MILLION said...

Justine: For the most part, this post is incomplete. If you had posted a rough draft I could have helped you. You lack the required sources, don't have any intext citations and fall short of producing a convincing argument.

اوائل المثالى said...

شركة تنظيف بالقصيم
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقصيم
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر